Sunday, January 22, 2006

I've been hoodwinked!

Yesterday I received the best surprise possible. I was supposed to be going on a lunch date with Rachelle. A lunch date I was looking forward to, no kids (save Sebastian), no hubbies, just her and me and some good old fashioned girl talk. Pair it up with a country cobb salad from Montana's (my favorite) and a virgin Margerita and we're talking pure bliss! After we leave my house she mentions that she needs to stop in at the Church for a second to grab some things out of the cupboard for her Sunday School class. Sure, whatever no problem, I got all the time in the world. I head to the room in which she needed another item when I heard voices coming from inside. I think to myself that there must be an activity going on today, just my luck..I need to go in and interrupt. I try to open the door just a crack to see if I know who it is and to see if I will be interrupting anything terribly important. I see several familiar faces from the women I go to Church with. They smile at me as I open the door and I hear my Mom say something..I don't actually remember what, because my mind was racing. As embarrasing as it is here is my train of thought..
Wow, I didn't know there was an activity for our ward today...Why wasn't I told about it? Why didn't anybody invite me? Hey, even my Mom came? How come she never told me she was coming to a ward activity today? Why wasn't I invited? Holy smokes even Tanya came to the ward activity.. wait..what the heck is going on...Why is Savanna here....that is my Grandma sitting in the corner...
At that point I look up blindly into the room as everyone is smiling at me...Still not fully aware of what is going on, I glance dumbly at the blue and white decorations, and finally make the connection when I read the words:
WELCOME SEBASTIAN LEE.....
A surprise shower...for me...and I had NO idea.... How the heck did they plan this without me knowing absolutely anything?? It was a wonderful afternoon.
Thank you to those who planned and helped out! Mostly to Rachelle, Tanya, Janalee and my Mom. If others helped out andI didn't know..then thank you as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home