Saturday, October 08, 2005

MPI caved!!! LOL

Well, I found out Thursday morning from our adjuster in Edmonton that our MPI adjustor, Diane, went on holidays until Tuesday, and that our case would be handled then. This was, for me, unacceptable! I called MPI and asked to speak to somebody about my claim. The receptionist told me that as Diane had gone on holidays a co worker "could" maybe answer my questions!! I was put in contact with Lori who after glancing at my case told me that nothing had been done!
NO KIDDING!!
Lori ended up hearing my sob story!! I complained that it had already been 2 weeks since the accident..2 weeks since I had been without a vehicle. I had a 4 yo, and 18 mo, I was 30 wks pg, in a new city, trying to get us to dr appointments! I couldn't even rent a vehicle because I was unsure if MPI would be covering the expenses.
Well needless to say she said she would take a look at my case and see what she could do!
She called back late that afternoon sounding hopeful, and told me that she had gotten the case ready and on managements desk marked URGENT, to be seen in the morning.
I got a call the next afternoon telling me that MPI did indeed finally side with us. They would be covering not only the car but also the impound and towing fee, car seat replacement, chiropractor bills for myself and Cyndel, and a car rental until they settle!
WOW...what a weight off of my shoulders. We even managed to get a brand new Ford Taurus from Enterprise at 5pm on Friday of a long weekend!!!!
So that has been my exciting adventure with MPI!!!
I PREVAILED!!!

On a completly seperate note....
I would like to wish everyone near and far a very Happy Thanksgiving! Our celebration this year will be small, but nice. David is visiting us from Saskatoon and the girls are soaking up as much Uncle David time as possible, and he of course is loving every minute with his nieces!!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home