Monday, January 16, 2006

Our New Van

Now that I have more time I thought I would take time to fill in a few of the "Highlighted"areas of the last few months.

In my last post I mentioned the difficulty we had in trying to insure our vehicle in Edmonton. WOW was it an ordeal. We bought the van here in winnipeg after an extensive online search. What are the odds that the vehicle that fit our criteria and price range would be found in the city we had just left? We had a good friend (Derek Christianson) take it out for a test drive, and then had a mechanic we know go and peek under the hood...and other places mechanics look ;) Both gave us the thumbs up so we went ahead with the paperwork. The company even shipped it out to us free of charge. Unfortunately it sat in the compound for the better part of 2 weeks, and here is why. According to our insurance broker, in order to get insurance we needed to get an Alberta safety done on it (even though the Mb safety was less then 3weeks old), in order to get the safety we needed to get it to a mechanic who could do an out of province safety, in order to get it off the lot to the mechanic we needed insurance...... See where this is heading? I couldn't get insurance because I didn't have a safety, but I couldn't get the safety without having insurance. Well what kind of stupidity is that? Eventually we determined that my Mb safety was sufficient, I was allowed to purchase insurance, and get a 1 way trip ticket to alberta registries so that they could visually inspect the serial number and THEN we could register the vehicle and drive it legally. All of that rediculousness took 11 days to determine plus time off over the weekend due to remembrance day.
But my van was SO worth it! It had everything I wanted. Low mileage (57K), zero rust, good condition all around. It has a cd player and Air (novel to me!! LOL), but it also has heated leather seats, electronic adjustable front seats, an automatic sliding door and keyless entry. What a fabulous vehicle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home