Wednesday, February 16, 2005

TV success (or lack of TV!!)

So I sit down to write about my average day when I realize that Cyndel is some where out of view whimpering in a strange, repetitive kind of way. I stand up and peer over the monitor and see Cyndel sitting in front of the couch looking rather frustrated. She some how managed to get the handle of Savanna's dance bag slipped over her head and was desperately trying to take it off. My first instinct was to rush over and help my little one out of her predicament. But upon assessing the situation I decided that she was in no real danger and I grabbed the camera instead. After several futile attempts at pulling the bag from around her neck she decided to just put it under her arm and forget about it. She's so mellow!
I've decided to learn how to make a real website, so once I figure it out and get it made, all of this will dissapear! I don't forsee that happening very soon though. I will be spending the next 2 weeks running the home daycare at my parents house while they vacation in Mexico...Bon Voyage! Then I will be home for a week and after that I am driving out to Edmonton to visit with Sanjay!! I imagine I will start the website in April when I get back, so look for updates then!
Today has been a great tvless day. This is something I have been working desperately on. I felt that Savanna was watching entirely too much tv. Not that we have cable, but she loves watching movies, and will sit for the entire program. No, No, we aren't talking about shorts, or half hour cartoons. She likes full length, live action movies. Anything from the Disney Classics (and remakes) like Annie and The Parent Trap or Mary Poppins, to more modern movies like Confessions of a teenage drama Queen and Freaky Friday with Lindsay Lohan. She loves all 3 Harry Potters, the ewok movies, and E.T. She also loves old musical classics like Meet Me in St. Louis with Judy Garland. Well today we didn't watch any tv until now...She is watching a little bit of Newsies before bed. We did however listen to every song from her music file and it holds most of the songs from her favorite musicals!!! Ah Well...It isn't tv right? and we were able to do lots of fun things why we sang along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home